Read the most up to date history of the NHS, with a critique of the current government reforms
Details & special offer
NB the articles and information gathered in this section represent the views of the authors, but may not necessarily represent the views of all supporters and signatories of the Keep Our NHS Public campaign.
KONP Introduction for Campaigners
A guide aimed both at those who are new to Keep our NHS Public and NHS campaigning, and those who have more experience. It aims to cover the main issues facing the NHS - how we got here, where we are now, and where we might be going - and to give you confidence to talk to local health decision makers, the media, fellow campaigners, patients and the general public about what is going on.
KONP Group Briefings
For KONP groups to circulate to their members to then decide what actions they will take
How does the NHS compare?
Personal Health Budgets
IAHPE conference 2009
Centre for International Public Health Policy
These powerpoint slide presentations can be used to construct your own talks and updated to include the latest information. These are from lectures given by Wendy Savage and others on the dates cited.
- The White Paper and the Politics of market-based NHS reforms Dr Clive Peedell, 3 December 2010
- Fight the White Paper Wendy Savage, 22 November 2010
- What do the public and patients want? Wendy Savage, 9 June 2009
- The conversion of the NHS into a healthcare market Colin Leys, 9 June 2009
- NHS reforms: have we reached the tipping point? Bronwen Handyside, 9 June 2009
- The essence of General Practice
Jonathon Tomlinson GP, 9 June 2009
- Health Service Reform in the England: Developing an Alternative Approach Sally Ruane, 9 June 2009
- Unite Public Sector Conference, 4th December 2008
- Croydon, 5th June 2008
- Harlow, 21st September 2006
UNISON Policy Briefing
Responses to Labour's Crisis on Health